For clinicians and patients interested in learning more about hyperbaric oxygen therapy, LIHS recommends the following literature.
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: It is important to disclose that none of the individuals, organizations, or entities encompassing LIHS, its agents, partners, or employees have any affiliation, partnership, agreement, friendship, or other relationship (financial or otherwise) with any person, organization, or entity associated (either directly or indirectly) to the publication, authoring, sale, distribution, or profit of the below listed publications. Links are not provided as a testament to the above statement.
- Hyperbaric Medicine Practice, 3rd Ed. (2008), Kindwall and Whelan – For Medical Professionals and Advanced Non-Medical Professionals
- Hyperbaric Facility Safety: A Practical Guide, 3rd Ed. (2008), Workman – For Clinicians, Technicians, Administrators, Code Enforcement Agents
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Indications, 12th Ed. (2012), UHMS – For Patients and Medical Professionals
- Risk Assessment Guide, 5th Ed. (Rev.), Burman – For Hyperbaric Safety Directors and Hyperbaric Medical Directors
- NFPA 99, Ch. 20 (2o12) – For All Hyperbaric Facility Personnel
- ASME PVHO-2 – For All Owners of Clinical Hyperbaric Chambers with Acrylic Viewports/Windows
- Hyperbaric Nursing – For Registered Professional Nurses (RN), LPNs, NPs, and MD/DO/DPMs providing care to patients who receive HBO
- Hyperbaric Surgery – For surgeons (MD/DO/DPM) interested in the practice or history of hyperbaric surgery
- Hyperbaric Oxygen: Perioperative Care – For Surgeons (MD/DO/DPM) interested in HBO Perioperative Care.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen: Neurological Disorders – For clinicians and advanced non-medical professionals interested in the effects of HBO on the nervous system at the cellular level and the resulting clinical outcomes.
- Wound Care Practice: Volume 1 & 2: For Clinicians seeking further insight relating to the practice of wound care
- Chronic Wound Care:: For Clinicians seeking further insight relating to the practice of wound care.
- UHMS Guidelines for Hyperbaric Facility Operations: For All Hyperbaric Facility Personnel
- ASME PVHO-1 (2012): For Mechanical Engineers and designers of hyperbaric chambers, or for hyperbaric chamber owners concerned with the quality/safety/appropriate application of their chamber.*
*”HYPERBARIC CHAMBERS” NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TESTED, AND CERTIFIED AS MEETING QUALIFICATIONS FOR HUMAN OCCUPANCY, OXYGEN AND HIGH PRESSURE ARE FATAL DEVICES, AND ARE ILLEGAL TO OPERATE OR SELL UNDER NFPA 99 GUIDELINES, WHICH ADDITIONALLY APPLY TO FACILITIES USING NFPA 101.