As part of our management services, we provide educational opportunities for facilities and individuals interested in undersea/diving and hyperbaric medicine.
All of our educational services are available on-site for your convenience. Please contact us at education (at) lihs (dot) com for more information, or to receive a quote for and schedule educational services.
Our educational services include:
- Facility Medical Lectures for Clinicians (MD/DO, NP, DPM, RN, LPN, PA, RT, EMT)
- Facility Safety Lectures for Clinicians (MD/DO, NP, DPM, RN, LPN, PA, RT, EMT)
- Hyperbaric Supervisor and Nurse Manager Training, emphasizing unique considerations for personnel, documentation, and reimbursement
- Individual Introductory Seminars for Hyperbaric Team Members
- Individual Advanced Seminars for Hyperbaric Team Leaders
- Individual Safety Seminars for Hyperbaric Safety Directors and/or Hyperbaric Safety Committee Members
- Reimbursement/Coding Education for Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Care Services (Facility and Physician Reimbursement)
- Hyperbaric Facility Policy and Procedure Education
- Hyperbaric Program and Environment Education, emphasizing program and facility design, maintenance, additional medical technologies, and additional considerations
- “Start Up” Education for:
- Clinicians (RNs, Technicians)
- Ancillary Staff (Expeditor Staff, Environmental Personnel, Registrar Personnel, Non-Medical Staff)
- Support Staff (Billing/Coding Personnel, Hospital Safety Committee Members, Hospital Administrators, Adjunctive Medical, Podiatric, and Dental Physicians, Facility Engineers)
- Community Members (Patient Populations, Emergency Service Personnel, Area Fire Fighters, Neighboring Medical and Dental Professionals, etc.)
Additionally, LIHS plans to begin an official NBDHMT/UHMS Approved Introductory Course in 2014. Please check back or contact us at education (at) lihs (dot) com for more information.
-Michael A. Vidafar, CHT
Director of Education and Safety
Long Island Hyperbaric Services